- On Sale
- Mass Settings
- Gospel Acclamations
- Responsorial Psalms
- Hymns & Spiritual Songs
- For Choirs
- For Musicians
- For Assemblies
Who we are?
Liturgical Song ® is a registered trademark and a registered Australian business name (ABN 23 976 079 300). Liturgical Song design, build and publish print and digital resources for Church organisations, with a special focus on website content development related to liturgy and music. We provide development strategy and planning services. We partner with specialists in creative design and identity, including branding and logo development. We are based in Wollongong NSW Australia and we are a publisher specialising in Christian liturgy and music. Launched in 2016, Paul Mason is the CEO, Publisher and principal Composer, trading as Liturgical Song. Our Team provides more details about us.
What is our mission?
We work with authors, composers, Church organisations and other publishers to provide Christian liturgy and music resources to pastors, musicians, singers and teachers in parishes, schools and other religious communities throughout Australia and New Zealand.
What do we do?
We own and operate an online business publishing the complete catalogue of compositions by Paul Mason, including collaborations with other composers. We are actively seeking to expand our stable of composers of Christian ritual music. In October 2019 we released "Psalms for the Church's Year" and "Masses for the Church's Year" by renowned Melbourne composer Roger Heagney, and "Simply Singable Psalms" by Newcastle composer Anne Millard. Also released in 2019 is a compilation of hymns and spiritual songs by various composers including Fr Carmelo Sciberras, Mana Nankivell and Marie-Louise Nankivell of Adelaide.
Composers seeking to publish their works through Liturgical Song should Contact Us with a brief outline of the proposed works to be published.
How we do it?
The online business publishes Christian ritual music in various formats:
- Music books
- Music e-books
- Music digital downloads
- Music CDs
- Music CD-ROMs
- Music Apps
- Planning and learning resources for liturgy and music
- Avid Sibelius 7.1 and 8.7.1, Steinberg Dorico Elements 3.5, Steinberg Dorico SE and musicXML music capture services.
- Steinberg Dorico Pro 3.5 music arranging, editing and engraving services.
- Apple Pages 11.1, Apple Numbers 11.1, Apple Preview 11.0, Microsoft PowerPoint 16.52, Affinity Photo 1.10, Affinity Designer 1.10, Affinity Publisher 1.10, Inkscape 1.0, PDF Converter OCR 7.4 and Steinberg Dorico Pro 3.5 for document development and graphic production services for print and digital distribution formats.
- Apple Logic Pro X audio recording, editing, mixing and production services for audio CD and mp3 distribution formats.
- Steinberg WaveLab 10 for CD mastering services.
- Claris (FileMaker) Pro Advanced for custom app development and deployment services.
- Treepl CMS (by Upgrade Parade) all-in-one cloud computing platform, including
- Site Administration and Report services
- CMS services
- WebApps and Content Module services
- CRM services
- Email Marketing and Hosting services
- eCommerce services
How long have we been doing this?
Paul Mason has more than twenty-five years experience in the IT industry. He began composing Christian ritual music in 1994 and has been publishing his works since 2004, initially collaborating with Willow Publishing. The liturgicalsong.com website launched in 2007, initially providing a resource for learning about Christian ritual and liturgical music. The site was augmented in 2010 to enable online ordering of the new Mass settings. Liturgical Song was registered as a business in October 2015, and established direct publishing business operations during 2016 using the Business Catalyst all-in-one cloud computing platform.
Liturgical Song has sub-licensing arrangements with Morning Star Publishing (Catholic Worship Book II) and Willow Publishing (As One Voice series of hymnals and Mass booklets) and is a Member Publisher of One License Church Copyright Agency.
In 2010 Paul Mason established the initial website for the Australian Pastoral Musicians Network. In 2012 Paul established the digital Liturgy Handbook for the Catholic Diocese of Wollongong. In 2016 Paul re-developed the Liturgical Song website and on-line business platform using Adobe Business Catalyst. In 2017 Paul upgraded the Australian Pastoral Musicians Network (APMN) website using Adobe Muse and established their cloud computing platform using Adobe Business Catalyst. The platform manages their blog, membership database, annual membership renewals, members' secure zone page access, member photo galleries, member newsletter emails, as well as conference and event email marketing. In 2018 Paul developed a new Conference website for APMN using the Treepl CMS platform. In 2020-2021 Paul migrated and redeveloped the Liturgical Song website and on-line business platform using Treepl CMS.